Thursday, August 21, 2014

Vacation and First Day's of School

Summer is almost over.  Yay!  Time for Fall and cooler weather.  Scarves.  :-)

This has been a lazy/busy last 6 weeks.


Joseph and I had our vacations during this time and this week marks my going back to work after vacation.

Joseph simply had a week while I had 4 weeks; fortunately, we had one of those weeks together.  We went to Busan for a day and Seoul for a day and enjoyed our time together the rest of the days exploring Daejeon and marking some of outer Daejeon off of our 'to do' list.  We visited Sintanjin (a farming area where the dam is located) and walked around and viewed lots of farms and new construction of a bridge near the dam.  The river there is beautiful.  One river bank is either farms or forests and the other is a great walking and bike trail.  So quiet.

This is also the beginning of our second year contracts with the same schools.  We have great jobs and schools and so we have stayed at them.
Joseph is really enjoying his time with his students and Korean teachers and I am enjoying mine.

I was recently promoted to an administration position at my school.  This is so exciting!  This week was the first full week of my new position and it is busy and hectic and ever changing.  I love it.  I am the new Scheduling Coordinator and as such am responsible for all of the foreign teachers within my university (139 and counting) and their schedules and programs.  I collaborate with department heads for various reasons pertaining to new programs and schedules and also have other duties such as mentor new teachers, assist with other administration duties and a few others.  I am excited and happy to be able to help out our university in such a big way.

Joseph and I have a lot going on at the moment and will be happy to announce a few more things in the coming weeks.

It has been a little more than 2 years since either of us have been back to America and we are hoping 1 or both of us will be able to visit this December.  *fingers crossed!*

1 comment: